Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido summer Itineray 2007/12/28 11:40
Hi

Iam planning my trip to Hokkaido during summer.

This is my itinerary :

day 1 - tokyo to Aomori for 1 night

day 2&3 - 2 night in Hakodate

day 4 - Sapporo 1 night but a day trip to Otaru

day 5&6 - Noboribetsu for 2 nights

day 7 - lake toya for day trip & return to sapporo for 1 night

day 8 to 10 - 3 nights in Furano & Biei

day 11 to 13 - 2 nights back in Sapporo & spent a day trip in Niseko

day 14 - 1 night in Sendai

day 15 - Tokyo for 3 nights

is the itinerary too loose or i should not spent too many days in Sapporo? I will be using the 14 JR pass.
Please advise if i should skip Sendai & stay another night in Hokkaido?

Thank you very much.
by TC  

itinerary 2007/12/28 14:01
Why don't you visit Noboribetsu and Lake Toya on the way to Sapporo by train?
If you are using train all the way to Sapporo, it would be more time-saving that way.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/28 17:16
The order of places is bad. Noboribetsu and Lake Toya are located between Hakodate and Sapporo, so I strongly suggest to visit them accordingly:

Hakodate - Lake Toya - Noboribetsu - Sapporo
by Uji rate this post as useful

Itinerary reorganise 2008/1/3 13:09
Hi, I have reorganise my itineray.
day 1 - tokyo to Aomori for 1 night using 14days JR pass.

day 2&3 - 2 night in Hakodate

day 4&5 - day tour in Lake Toya & stay 2 night at Noboribetsu.

day 6 - Train from Noboribetsu to Sapporo for 3 nights.

day 7 - day tour to Niseko

day 8 - Otaru

day 9 to 11 - 3 nights in Furano & Biei

day 12&13 - back to Sapporo for 2 nights

day 14 - 1 night in Sendai

day 15 - Sendai to Tokyo for 3 nights

Questions:
1)As I will be carrying a big luggage around, is there any place that I can deposit my luggage at Toya station before i transfer to Noboribetsu?
What transport can i take from Noboribetsu station to Takimotokan? Can the luggage able to fit into the public buses?

2)Any suggestion i can spent a day tour on day 12&13 outside Sapporo.

3)I don't intend to take long train journey from Sapporo to Tokyo, so i plan to have a one night stop at Sendai. However there isn't much info on Sendai.Any suggestion will be great.

4)Is 14days JR pass still valid from Sendai to Tokyo? or I have to purchase a separate ticket?

thank you.
by TC rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/3 13:29
Looks better.

As I will be carrying a big luggage around, is there any place that I can deposit my luggage at Toya station before i transfer to Noboribetsu?

Toya Station has some coin lockers, but depending on the size and amount of your baggage, it might not fit the lockers. Try to bring as little as possible in moderately sized luggage.

What transport can i take from Noboribetsu station to Takimotokan? Can the luggage able to fit into the public buses?

Bus or taxi:
http://www.takimotokan.co.jp/english/access/index.html

I don't intend to take long train journey from Sapporo to Tokyo

Have you ever thought of flying? It is so much faster, and could also be cheaper. For example:

Tokyo - (air) - Hakodate - (train/bus) - Lake Toya - (bus/train/bus) - Noboribetsu - (free hotel bus - advance reservations required) - Sapporo with side trip to Niseko - (train or bus) - Furano/Biei - (bus) - Asahikawa Airport - (air) - Tokyo

About domestic air travel:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html

Is 14days JR pass still valid from Sendai to Tokyo?

The rail pass is valid for 14 consecutive calendar days. If you start using it on day 1, it will not be valid anymore on day 15.

Buses 2008/1/3 15:17
Thanks Uji for the prompt reply.
With regards to buses, does it operates the same as JR train?
Meaning i can only book the bus seats upon arrival at Hokkaido bus terminal??
Can i reserve the seats in Tokyo??
Will it be difficult to reserve the seats between 1stJuly - 18July? Seems like certain buses only operates once a day.
Trying to check on the bus schedule but all are in japanese.Is there any english website on bus timing.

by TC rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/5 10:40
With regards to buses, does it operates the same as JR train?

All the above mentioned buses (except the hotel shuttle bus and the bus to Furano) are local short-distance buses, which do not have reserved seats. You use them just like city buses:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2015.html

Details for the hotel bus are here:
http://www.takimotokan.co.jp/english/access/index.html

As for the bus between Sapporo and Furano, I doubt that it will be booked out. You can make reservations in Sapporo or by phone from anywhere. Hotel receptionists should also be able to help in case of language problems. In the unlikely case that the bus is booked out, you can always go to Furano by train.

reply to this thread