Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Passnet and others 2007/12/30 16:45
1. We still have 3 passnet tickets leftover from previous trips, are they still valid for our next trip in February ?
2. Is it true that the new Pasmo and Suica cards do NOT have any expiry dates ? Can they be used on the Yurikamome and Rinka lines ? For regular visits (short trips) to Tokyo twice a year, which one should I choose--Pasmo and Suica ?
3. Has anyone used Japanican.com to book hotels as would like to know if it's reliable and safe ?
Many thanks.
by lccl  

... 2007/12/31 18:36
We still have 3 passnet tickets leftover from previous trips, are they still valid for our next trip in February ?

Passnet cards can be used until March 14, 2008. Sale of the cards stops on January 10, 2008.

2. Is it true that the new Pasmo and Suica cards do NOT have any expiry dates ?

The balance is lost if you do not use them for 10 years.

Can they be used on the Yurikamome and Rinka lines ?

Yes.

For regular visits (short trips) to Tokyo twice a year, which one should I choose--Pasmo and Suica ?

Yes.

3. Has anyone used Japanican.com to book hotels as would like to know if it's reliable and safe ?

Japanican is part of JTB, Japan's largest travel agency. Although I have never used Japanican by myself to make hotel reservations, I am sure that they are reliable and safe.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji but.... 2007/12/31 19:38
For regular visits (short trips) to Tokyo twice a year, which one should I choose--Pasmo and Suica ? I meant Pasmo OR Suica, is there any difference for just riding on the subways and JR Yamanote line ? what about the deposit--is it the same on both cards ? Thanks and best wishes for a happy New Year.
by lccl rate this post as useful

Pasmo/Suica 2007/12/31 20:22
lccl,

Pasmo OR Suica, is there any difference for just riding on the subways and JR Yamanote line ? what about the deposit--is it the same on both cards ?

They both offer exactly the same advantages, so it does not matter which one you buy. They can both be used on JR/subway/private lines, as well as for purchases at many shops.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

thanks Dave 2007/12/31 20:43
Can you buy either card at Narita as you exit customs without going downstairs to the JR ticket office (where presumably you can buy the Suica card). I ask because we'll be in a rush and I know how long it takes to get to the basement JR ticket office. Otherwise will get the cards when we're in Tokyo.

Pasmo/Suica 2007/12/31 22:26
lccl,

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can buy Pasmo or Suica cards at the Narita Express/Keisei Skyliner desk on the arrivals floor. I'm pretty sure you need to go to the JR or Keisei ticket offices on the basement floor. But if you are not planning on using the cards for your journey from Narita, they can be easily bought at any station in central Tokyo.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/1 08:14
I am pretty sure that Suica cards can be bought at vending machines of the JR stations of Narita Airport and the Pasmo cards can be bought at vending machines of the Keisei stations of Narita Airport.

You should also look into the "Suica & NEX" package.

It is all explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Dave & Uji 2008/1/1 14:51
Will see how it goes.

reply to this thread