Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving fr Narita to Yuzawa 2007/12/31 20:58
I estimate it would take 4 hours driving straight thru fr Narita (leaving 4pm on a Sunday in Feb) to Yuzawa IC on the Kanetsu expressway, does this sound right ? I have driven in Japan several times so no need for the usual caveats. I realise I must go through Tokyo but I've not driven in or through Tokyo on a Sunday evening so would appreciate any comments. I figure 1.5 hrs into Tokyo, 30 mins on the loop expressways inside Tokyo and 20 hrs to Yuzawa ??
by lccl  

... 2008/1/1 08:56
I estimate it would take 4 hours driving straight thru fr Narita

Two days ago, it took me exactly two hours to get from Narita Airport to Fujioka Junction on the Kanetsu Expressway. Yuzawa is an additional 90 kilometers. So, it can be done in three hours, although, I was speeding a bit.

Also, there was no traffic jam, whatsoever. Weekends are usually free of traffic jams, as opposed to weekdays, when I suggest to add 30-60 minutes to the travel time for time lost in central Tokyo.

I figure 1.5 hrs into Tokyo, 30 mins on the loop expressways inside Tokyo and 20 hrs to Yuzawa ??

It should be an hour or less to get from the airport into Tokyo without traffic jams.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Uji, many thanks 2008/1/1 14:48
I was a little concerned before about making sure we arrive in Yuzawa within 4 hrs and that there maybe ice on the roads after dark. I am now relieved by your reply as I won't have push so hard. Thanks again.
by lccl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread