Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My Plan 2007/12/31 23:03
I have about 4 days to visit few places. Pls advise if it is possible?

1) Day 1 - Purchase Hakone-Mt Fuji free pass to Hakone. Overnight at Mt. Fuji.
2) Day 2 - Visit Five Lake
3) Day 3 - Travel back to Hakone. Which mean I have to give up the return ticket to Shinjyuku. Can I take a 1 hr bus to Atami & change to the JR rail? What ticket should I buy to travel to Shimoda from Hakone? I plan to overnight at Shimoda.
4) My plan to visit Shimoda is to visit Atami Japanes Plum Garden & Cape Iro to Ironzaki Jungle Park?
5) What ticket should I buy to get back to Shinjyuku or Toyku?
Thanks.
by EA  

... 2008/1/1 09:05
Why not go directly to Fuji Five Lakes first? You save time and money.

Tokyo - Fuji Five Lakes - Hakone - Izu - Tokyo

I recommend to use regular tickets and possibly a Hakone Free Pass for Hakone.
by Uji rate this post as useful

fuji 5 lakes 2008/1/1 11:10
Hi, I don't think you need to visit all 5 lakes. The best ones are Lake Yamanaka, Lake Kawaguchi and Lake Motosu (good to view the first sun rising).
by mamiko rate this post as useful

My Plan 2008/1/1 22:54
Thanks for your comment.

1) If I visit 5-Lake first should I take a Chuo Highway Bus from Tokyu or by Odakyu Line or others.
2) Would it be expensive to travel around the Lakes by bus. Is there any site I can check the fare?
3) Usually what time is the sunrise at Mt. Fuji?
4) Can we take the regular bus to 5th station in early Feb? Which 5th station should I visit?
5) Then purchase a 2-day freepass from Odawara @ 3900 Yen to travel at Hakone.
6) From Hakone I need to travel by regular tickets to travel to Izu. I know the local train ticket in Izu is very expensive. Should I get any freepass?
7) Does anyone know the contact or email address to Marty Mouse in Izu?
8) What would be the weather around Mt. Fuji & Izu in late January?
Thanks for all your help.
by EA rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/2 09:52
If I visit 5-Lake first should I take a Chuo Highway Bus from Tokyu or by Odakyu Line or others.

I recommend to take the Fujikyu/Keio bus from the Keio Highway Bus Termninal in Shinjuku:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

Would it be expensive to travel around the Lakes by bus. Is there any site I can check the fare?

See here under "Orientation":
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

Usually what time is the sunrise at Mt. Fuji?

In early February it is around 6:30 to 6:45.

Can we take the regular bus to 5th station in early Feb?

No. There are no buses in winter. And the road often gets partially closed due to snow.

I know the local train ticket in Izu is very expensive.

The one way fare by local train from Atami to Shimoda is 1890 yen.

Does anyone know the contact or email address to Marty Mouse in Izu?

Phone and fax number are shown on their homepage:
http://www.marty-mouse.com/

What would be the weather around Mt. Fuji & Izu in late January?

The weather tends to be clear and sunny. Temperatures usually in the one digit range to lower 10s.
by Uji rate this post as useful

My Plan 2008/1/5 17:25
Once again thank you.

Izu is an expensive place to travel especially on transport. What would you recommend for travelling within Izu for 2 days? I like to visit the west & the east. Which freepass should I get? Beside Marty Mouse, is there any other Hostel nearby Shimoda city? TQ.
by EA rate this post as useful

reply to this thread