Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning visit to Japan 2008/1/3 19:54
My nephew and myself are planning to visit Japan in March. We would like to see as much as possible of course but for the moment have no idea where to start, which cities to visit, etc. We have 15 days time. I would appreciate your advice.
by Yerzhan  

... 2008/1/4 10:25
It depends on you and your nephew's preference. But if you have 15 days, I recommend you to visit 2-3 cities. 4-5 days in Tokyo, 4-5 days in Kyoto and the rest in somewhere else.

Schools are out for spring holidays in mid-late March in Japan and it also falls on cherry blossom season. It is better to secure accomodation early. (especially from March 20-23)
by JLady rate this post as useful

planning a visit 2008/1/4 15:07
a good idea is for you to read the past posts on this site about various trips to Japan (there are 1000 of pages in the history)and also to read the special pages at the top of this Internet page under Travel, Japan A-Z ETC. YOU have to do this preliminary work to get a basic idea of where you might want to go before those of us that have been to Japan can give you precise answers.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/5 10:42
by Uji rate this post as useful

trip 2008/1/5 11:49
Are you traveling on your own?
Well, if so, you may have to design your itinerary very carefully.
But, unlike the stereo-type itinerary for foreigners I would recommend you to follow the history path;
First visit Miyazaki and Oita in Kyushu, then go to Izumo and Matsue in Shimane, then go to Nara and Kyoto, then, to Ise shrine in Mie, then to Kamakura in Kanagawa, then Tokyo for the last 3 days. However, it is also nice to travel northern areas of Japan (though a bit cold in March)such as Kanazawa,Niigata and other Tohoku areas and Hokkaido.
Onsen, hot spring resorts are also a must place for visiters.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

website 2008/1/5 11:59
Hi, again.
I also recommend you to view the website; Japan in Motion

This shows you several sightseeing places in Japan with a help of foreign residents.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread