Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hypertension medicines in Japan 2008/1/5 06:04
Hello, I would like to know if one could tell me this:

I have a hypertension condition and have to take Losartan or hidroclorotiazine medicine daily. How and where it is possible to get a prescription for such medicines? How much would they cost me, medicines and doctors appointment expenses ?

Apreciate every help !

by Osvaldo  

medicine 2008/1/5 11:55
Are you just a visitor or have a work visa?
If you are a visitor and not under the national health insurance, then it will cost you a lot of money to see a doctor and have yourself medicated. If you are working at a proper place, you must be under the health insurance. Then you will only have to bear 30% of the total cost.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/6 14:36
Losartan in the form of Losartan Potassium is produced under the name of Nu-Lotan (by Ban'yu Pharmacetical) in Japan, available only through prescription at an internal medicine doctor. I do not know the price, but I assume it should not be that outragerous considering that hypertension is a condition that is often found among people here too. I do not know if this particular medicine is the "standard" medicine the doctors prescribe, though.

If you have a copy of an old prescription, it might be a good idea to take it to the doctor to show the doctor here what you have been taking.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread