Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa question. 2008/1/9 10:24
If I was scouted [for a talent agency] in Shibuya while on a student visa, is it possible for me to work, or would I need to apply for a different type of visa?
by happy  

permission needed 2008/1/10 13:06
You will need to apply for permission to work at the the Immigration office. You don't need a different visa necessarily, but by law you do need this endorsement from the Immigration office- head to Shinagawa and fill out the forms.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/10 13:12
With a student visa, you need to apply for:

"Permission to engage in an activity other than that permitted by the status of residence previously granted"

I know long title right?

Which will allow you to work part-time if approved.

Not only do you need to apply for approval, but you need additional documents from the school, showing you have good attendance and grades. Generally speaking if you are within your first 3 months on your student visa you can't apply for activities until 3 months after.

Your school could help you with any additional documents and the immigration office should be able to tell you if any other supporting documents is needed.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread