Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Drive to Mother Farm from Yokohama ? 2008/1/11 15:44
I will be in Yokohama in April and would like to take my kids to Mother Farm in Chiba. Here are my questions ;
Can anyone suggest me how to get there ?
How about renting a car and go there via The Aqua Line ?
If so where can I find the road map ?
How long will it takes to get there. I heard that it close quite early (around 4 pm ?) and where shall I stay around there ?

Thanks !
by Natalie  

... 2008/1/11 17:54
Here is the information in Japanese:
http://www.motherfarm.co.jp/access/

An easy access method is by train to Kimitsu Station, from where there is a free shuttle bus (departs 10:40; reservations required: 0439-37-3211).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Not that great 2008/4/21 10:53
MOTHERFARM is only good when you visit with KIDS. If your kids would like to take milk from buffalo, want to feel rabbits etc then its good.
I visited in April, they said SAKURA with HANABI. Hanabi was just for 2minutes.
I never see such hanabi in my life in Japan. They miserably failed in giving justification to my 1500Yen entry fee, for around 3000Yen travelling expenses and 3 hr travelling time. I could enjoy only Canola flower garden.
Straberry: They said, its CLOSED at 11AM itself.
Poppy flowers : I shocked to see just 4 lanes in a farm house(hardly 200 plants, everyday they sell to visitors, so we got to see whatever remain, they even don't change everyday).
Canola flowers: They want 300Yen extra to pick few. Then for what I am paying 1500Yen to see only flowers, and do they think this is good enough ?
Even entry into the TRUCK require money.

I felt very bad after a hectic day. If you are in a near by place, then may be you can consider. But for TOKYO people, I strongly recommend to visit TACHIKAWA SHOWA KINEN KOEN, 100 times better than motherfarm. I was shocked to see their maintainance. Tuplips, Poppy farm(really a garden), Canola farm, Bouncing dome, Bonsai garden and many many.

Dont get fooled by vising Motherfarm just for flowers. If your kids wants to see buffalo, cow, sheep, goat, duck, rabbit, horse etc then its OK.
I recommend to avoid if you dont have car, not visiting with kids, or just for flowers.
by Sweetyb4u rate this post as useful

car 2008/4/21 12:11
If you go there by car on the Aqualine, it will cost you about 10,000 yen in expressway tolls. The Aqualine itself is about 4000 yen each way.
The farm itself is good for kids to do hands on things with animals.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread