Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fun/amazing stuff to do in Tokyo 2008/1/14 22:25
Hi all,

iam trying to find amazing stuff to make in Tokyo i cant do in Europe. I found baseball training on the top floor of a building (any adress please?), fluo bowling but i need more ? Please advise, show me places, give me adress !!!!

thanks in advance
by charlie  

dogs 2008/1/17 12:48
you can rent a dog for the day
by lost puppy rate this post as useful

Huh? 2008/1/17 16:23
You can rent DOGS??

Okay, I need some proof of that. I'm a dog fanatic and whenever I'm overseas I miss my dogs like heck. =)
by niko-chan rate this post as useful

Rent-a-dog 2008/1/17 16:30
Niko wrote:

You can rent DOGS?? Okay, I need some proof of that.

Loads of places in Tokyo. A few seconds on Google turned up the following two for starters...
http://www.11j.jp/rental/index.htm
http://www2f.biglobe.ne.jp/~poko/
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Dave 2008/1/17 18:29
At first I didn't believe it but now I feel sorry for those dogs. :[

Thanks for the links, I'll definately research that in the future. 'Prolly in a new topic.
by niko-chan rate this post as useful

Takashita dori & Harajuku 2008/1/18 14:14
Be sure to go into harajuku on a sunday if you can make it. If you exit the station on the side WITHOUT the bushes, you'll see takashita dori, one of the most famous streets in the world to any fan of FRUiTS, TUNE or KERA magazine. No matter your interest, take a stoll- it never disappoints. But don't talk to the jamacan blokes who ask you to see their stores, they are boring as hell and you feel pressured to buy. tHE EASIEST THING TO DO IS NOT TALK TO THEM AT ALL! They aren't dangerous, but just don't do it. I felt very uncomfortable. What ever your age or interest, be sure to stroll takashita dori at least once- you won't forget it in a hurry. You will know which road it is as it is pedestrian traffic only and there are gates at the entrance which look like flowers.

Secondly, as you exit the station (same side), turn to your right and walk up the hill parallel with the train lines. You will come to qa bridge on your right with a large pedestrial accessway, this passes over the lines. If you are here between 10-5 (best time is about 3) you'll see the famed Harajuku cosplayers- YOU WILL NOT SEE THIS IN EUROPE! Make sure you take your camera. If you want to do something more traditional, walk through the giant wooden Torii gates after the bridge (slightly to your right) and have a stroll through a forest in the middle of the city. You will arrive at a very impressive Shinto shrine, about ten minutes stroll, and throughly worth it.

Final tip: when on Takashita dori, have a crepe- they are awesome!

Hope this helps.
by R. rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/22 10:24
Hi Charlie,

Can you tell me what the baseball training place is called? It sounds like fun. thanks.
by Zoe rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/22 14:56
R., you can find a lot of cosplayers in Europe. :) Ok, they are not Harajuku cosplayers, but some of them also have an... interesting fashion style. Just come to the Japan Day in Duesseldorf, Germany to see a big cosplayer meeting. ^^
by Haf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread