Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

re entry permit 2008/1/16 00:34
hi i am already an eijuken here in japan and im planning to teach in the usa..if ever i will be granted a visa do i still need a reentry permit here for me not to lose my permanent residency here? coz im planning to get a green card but the validity of reentry permit as far as i know is only three years...help...
by emtee  

... 2008/1/16 08:23
if ever i will be granted a visa do i still need a reentry permit here for me not to lose my permanent residency here?

Yes, permanent residents also require re-entry permits to keep their status of residence in Japan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

permits 2008/1/16 09:16
As the re-entry permit is 3 years, I have heard that if you don't enter Japan at all during that time and let your re-entry permit expire, then your eijuken will also become invalid. This is reasonable I think- if you don't enter Japan once in a 3-year time span then you are not exactly a "permanent resident".

Good luck with your green card application.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread