Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ichinoyu Honkan Room Type 2008/1/16 18:08
I call for reservation today and they told me only available for room type 2 with western style. But I can't see any inforatmtion about western or japanese room type from web site.
is only bed different or ...

Thanks,
by StoneWU  

... 2008/1/17 16:39
In reading the webpage,

Room type
1. without private bath and toilet
2. with a panoramic bath (right)
3. with an open-air rock decorated bath (left)

Then, I guess that Room 2 is a room with a panoramic bath.
As for dinner, you can select either standard dinner or deluxc dinner at the time of reservation.
http://english.ichinoyu.co.jp/index.html
by JLady rate this post as useful

honkan 2008/1/18 04:06
I can see why.
'Honkan' means a main building.
'shinkan' is a new building.
There are several Ichinoyu ryokan, lodges or inns listed on this webpage under different names.
I don't believe there is an western room at this main building at Ichinoyu Honkan.
You need to ask them which building they are referring to. There are several lodges with western style room listed here but not at Honkan.
by cc rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/18 18:54
Ichinoyu Honkan is the older ryokan and the rooms there are all tatami style. Ichinoyu Shinkan is a bit uphill from Honkan and is a newer building. The rooms there are all "western" style (essentially futon style beds). The type 2 room at Shinkan has a private outdoor onsen ofuro tub.

It sounds like whomever you were talking to at the reservation center may have been talking about Shinkan since it is pretty difficult to get the type 2 room at Honkan unless you make your reservations well in advance (which they start taking 6 months in advance). Usually when all rooms at Honkan are booked, they usually refer customers to Shinkan next.
by Senbei rate this post as useful

ICHINOYU Honkan - Room type 2008/4/5 00:52
hi,

I would like a room with a private toilet and/or private bath. Does Room Type 2 (with a panoramic bath) and Room Type 3 (with an open-air rock decorated bath) provide private toilet ?
or should I just choose any of the western rooms in ASHINOKO ICHINOYU ?

BTW, does the hotel provide transportation back to Yumoto station, or must we call a cab to pick us up?
by jazmin rate this post as useful

ICHINOYU Honkan - Room type 2008/4/5 23:05
Hello jazmin ,
Type 2 and 3 provide both the private toilet and bath and you may use bus or train back to Yumoto.
Stone
by StoneWU rate this post as useful

reply to this thread