Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Study in Japan as a dutch student 2008/1/19 10:27
Hey there, i'm a 19 year old male student living in Holland and i've been fascinated by Japan since i was a little boy.

At this very moment i'm a first years student studying at a bachelor study called ''Trade management asia''. Its a economic study that gives also asian language lessons such as Japanese.. Since i want to study in Japan for quite a while now i choose this major since u can study in Japan in the 3rd year for about 6months.. but it doesnt look that i'll get towards the 3rd year since its to hard.. it seems the economic lessons arent made for me.. so i wanted to study in Japan right away and take a bachelor degree in Japan. The dutch goverment is looking into it if they will finance my study cost (like they did for the major im doing currently) so ive mailed a some Universities in Japan (that give out bachelor studies) what my options are joining them (no return of mail yet)

The problem is my japanese language is beginner i can only write katakana/hiragana no kanji or whatsoever and basic speaking and i wont be sponsered by dutch goverment for language courses only.. That can be solved if those studies are either in English or give special japanese lessons for international students...

anyone here that has more information about this? And are the cost of the bachelor studies very expensive? (for this study im paying about 1800 euros every year not including book cost)..

Ive also heard it takes a while to get those things sorted but i wonna study not later then 2009 (i can quit my current study now and work till then for example if the costs are much higher)

I would be very happy if anyone could help me and give me some advice or guideline.. since im stuck now.

thank you for reading this.
by Marko  

... 2008/1/19 14:40
I believe that you need to have passed Japanese language proficiency test level 1 in order to enrol in a Japanese university in Japan (classes conducted in Japanese language). So I don't know what you eventually want to study, but it might be easier if you can make it to your third year to come to Japan. Or, if you just want to come to Japan to study the language, you _could_ enrol in a language school in Japan for a year or two, then pursue your studies later. But both universities and language school fees are much more expensive compared to the number you mentioned, so you need to plan well.
by ... rate this post as useful

.... 2008/1/20 00:06
Thank you for your reply..
Yes, i've read about the japanese language proficiency test but i wasn't sure if its needed for all undergraduate schools in Japan i thought u would get special lessons at the college in Japan before actually studying the major itself. About the cost my goverment only finance them if they are part of a major they wont sponser me if i go to a language school first for 1 year (and ive found out that will cost around 4.000-6.000 euros.) I might just work for the money now.. but finishing this major isnt a option im afraid. But arent there any undergraduate colleges in Japan that give the major in English? or are there any other schools that have the language course in their programm (so i still get sponsered since im studying at a college).. If so please let me know.
by Marines89 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread