Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Airport Transfer or NEX 2008/1/21 11:45
Hi,

Wondering which is a better mode of transfers from Narita Airport to KEIO PLAZA HOTEL in Shinjuku.

1. Airport Limousine
- takes about 100 mins but goes to the hotel

2. Narita Express takes 80mins ; faster ; maybe more comfortable for elderly who cannot claims steps ?

Can someone please provide advise as bringing 2 elderly.

Thank you.
by JK  

... 2008/1/21 13:35
I recommend the bus, because it gets you to the door of the hotel, while the train only gets you to Shinjuku Station, a busy station complex, from where the hotel is still a 10 minute walk.
by Uji rate this post as useful

definitely 2008/1/21 15:27
I would definitely recommend people to take the bus or do so myself! The bus ride is pretty comfortable, and you could also enjoy the Tokyo skyline out of the window.(especially when its passing through Rainbow bridge) Its worth the money.
by Guz rate this post as useful

Airport Transfer or NEX 2008/1/21 15:33
Thank you for all the valuable advises ! Appreciate greatly. Shall take the bus !
by JK rate this post as useful

.... 2008/1/21 15:50
-------Narita Express takes 80mins ; faster ; maybe more comfortable for elderly who cannot claims steps ?-------

Are you speaking of climbing steps to get inside a bus?
If any problem, the bus has a handicap entry.
Also it won't be hard to climb the step or two, they will need your help getting in but that is common . People will help you you.
We've traveled with elderly, didn't think it was much of problem, just helped them get in and getting into a limosine bus is not rushed.
I think you will have more problems on the train because of crowd and mass confusion. Elderly
people generally don't like to be caught up in a fast moving crowd or stand around in it too long.
Also on the bus, there is toilet.
Bus drops you off at the door of the hotel as others mentioned.
You can travel with ease and comfort with limosine bus, they'll take care of your luggage.
You'll have to figure out how you're going to handle luggage (send it out etc?) if you take train, a lot of have to do stuff before you can get on a train from the airport.
With Bus, you just get in and relax.
by cc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread