Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Takayama 2008/1/22 09:39
Thought I was half bright but the Tokyo train system is doing my head in!! Will be staying at Keio Plaza in Shinjuku and want to get a train to Takayama. From hyperdia I see that we take a Shinkansen to Nagoya then change etc. However I see I can get shinkansen from Tokyo station or Shinagawa- which of these is the closest to the hotel and could we taxi it to one of these stations - I am looking at train map but can't work it out!!Many thanks Sue
by Sue  

... 2008/1/22 16:43
I recommend to take the Yamanote Line from Shinjuku (a 10 minute walk from the Keio Plaza) to Shinagawa Station and catch the shinkansen from there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Takayama 2008/1/22 16:53
I can understand your confusion :-) I think that in either case you have to start from Shinjuku station. Have a look here for an overview of transportation in Tokyo: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html

In my experience, getting a Chuo-line Rapid (orange line) from Shinjuku to Tokyo station is the quickest but probably the most difficult of choices. The Yamenote-line to Shinagawa probably takes a bit longer but is easier. Note that not all shinkansen stop at Shinagawa but my guess is that you are already looking at a shinkansen that does.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/22 17:08
Note that not all shinkansen stop at Shinagawa but my guess is that you are already looking at a shinkansen that does.

From March 15, all shinkansen will be stopping at Shinagawa Station (and Shin-Yokohama Station).
by Uji rate this post as useful

......... 2008/1/22 18:31
Thank you both very much- very helpful. Sue
by Sue rate this post as useful

reply to this thread