Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Fujiyoshida 2008/1/22 18:38
Hi,

I have a 7D JR pass and would be taking the hikari train on the Tokaido Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Mishima Station and thereafter a local train on the JR Tokaido Line from Mishima to Numazu and another local train on the JR Gotemba Line from Numazu to Gotemba (fully covered).

1)From there how do I go to the Fujiyoshida train station? Reason being, this is the Fujitomita ryokan pick-up place. How much is the fare?

2) Is this Fujiyoshida train station within walking distance to the ryokan which is located at 3235 Shibokusa Oshino-mura, Minamitsuru-gun,
Yamanashi-ken, 401-0511?

Pls advise. Thks

by Jan  

... 2008/1/22 20:01
From there how do I go to the Fujiyoshida train station?

By Fujikyu bus bound for Kawaguchiko. The one way trip takes about one hour and costs 1370 yen:
http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/bus2/jikokuhyo/jikoku01.htm

Is this Fujiyoshida train station within walking distance to the ryokan

No. It is several kilometers away. But the bus from Gotemba to Fujiyoshida Station stops relatively close to the ryokan along the way around Oshino-Iriguchi bus stop.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/23 09:48
Thks for the info.

If that is the case, since I am at Gotemba station, can I take the Fujikyu bus bound for Kawaguchiko and stop at Oshino-Iriguchi bus stop which is near to the ryokan instead of Fujiyoshida Station (cost Yen 1,240)? Is this station 忍野入口 in Japanese ?
by Jan rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/23 17:04
Yes, that's right. I am anot sure whether I found the exact location of the ryokan properly, but it seems it is about 1.5 km (or a 20 minute walk) from the 忍野入口 bus stop. Getting off one or two stops before 忍野入口 might be closer. But I am not sure on that. You should double check.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread