Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Night trians to sapporo 2008/1/22 22:13
Hi,

I am intending to travel to sapporo using the sleeper train. My mum and me will be metting my sister. Her flight will only reach narita at 17:20 on 30 Jan. after looking through the hyperdia we realise she will not be able to make it in time for HAMANASU heading to sapporo. Is there anyway that she can make it on time to take the HAMANASU?

We are all using the Japan Rail Pass. I've read somewhere that there will be a surcharge on night train if we are not using HAMANASU to reach Sapporo. How much are the charges? Should we change our plan of taking night train to the following day instead?

By the way, I really like to say a big THANK YOU to UJI. I've been asking many questions for the past 2 weeks but I've never figure out how to reply you(I'm not very good with computer) after you gave me the answer until yesterday night.
by Helen  

... 2008/1/23 07:14
Her flight will only reach narita at 17:20 on 30 Jan. Is there anyway that she can make it on time to take the HAMANASU?

No. She has to catch the 16:13 Narita Express in order to make it to Aomori in time.

We are all using the Japan Rail Pass. I've read somewhere that there will be a surcharge on night train if we are not using HAMANASU to reach Sapporo. How much are the charges?

It is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2356.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/23 10:53
I will be doing the same for this March. But my plane land at a bit before 3pm. I am afraid I won't be able to catch the hamanasu so my contingency will be taking the akebono (depart 9:45pm) from ueno) to Aomori (around 10am)first and take the morning train from Aomori to sapporo. There will be about another 6 hours to Sapporo from Aomori.
In your case, I think you better think of a contingency instead of catching the hamanasu that night.
by lester rate this post as useful

reply to this thread