Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel to Lodge Fujimien Hakone. 2008/1/25 09:23
I am planning to stay at Lodge Fujimien in Miyanoshita in May for 2 nights and will be arriving at Odawara train station from Takayama. I wish to purchase Odakyu's Hakone Freepass in Odawara for transport around the region. The lodge is located near the Minami Onsen-sou bus stop, which I think is a 50 minute bus ride from Odawara. Is the bus the best way to get there from Odawara or should I take the Hakone Tozan railway to Miyanoshita then a bus or walk from that station? Can I use the Freepass for this bus trip?
by gregoir  

... 2008/1/25 13:52
First of all, Lodge Fujimien is not located in or near Miyanoshita! It is located close to Togendai near Lake Ashi.

The best way to get there is to take the direct Hakone Tozan bus from Odawara (or Hakone-Yumoto) Station bound for Togendai. Get off at "Minami-Onsen-so". The bus ride takes about 45 minutes from Odawara or 25 minutes from Yumoto. The Hakone Free Pass is valid on that bus.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Travel to Lodge Fujimien Hakone. 2008/1/25 14:05
Thank you very much Uji. Beware anyone using Fodor's Japan guide (18th edition, 2007). It clearly lists this establishment on page 222 under the town of Miyanoshita!!
by gregoir rate this post as useful

reply to this thread