Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Men putting make up 2008/1/28 01:02
Is it normal for guys in japan to use make up? Do most japanese guys do so? Im wondering for men age between 20 - 30. To what extend do to their face?

Hope someone is able to advise. Thank u!!
by Lynn  

... 2008/1/28 09:16
Besides entertainers and cross-dressers, it is not common for men to wear make-up in Japan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Looks like plenty do to me.... 2008/2/5 11:57
I am visiting in Tokyo. Make up seem to be very common on the young men working in my hotel. Very fashionable guys...kind of a gothic look...great hair...a little startling as first but fun.
by Denise rate this post as useful

It's not mainstream 2008/2/5 15:05
That is a particular subculture. In mainstream culture, eg. people with ordinary office jobs or blue collar jobs, men don't wear make-up. It would be totally unacceptable for a male school teacher or train driver for example to wear any kind of visible make-up.

My Japanese husband says he wouldn't wear make-up if you paid him to, and he is not especially conservative.
by Sira rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/5 15:11
I agree, that is definitely not the mainstream in Japan. Most men don't wear make up.

Can I inquire what hotel would that be? I've stayed at many hotels in Japan, haven't seen any staff the way you described.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread