Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Language School 2008/1/28 09:17
Hi, i'm a 19 year old dutch male planning to study at a japanese language school so i'm allowed to enter a undergraduate major in Japan but to enter most colleges you need to pass certain test. I'm working currently to afford this all since apperently my homecountry won't support the japanese language school financially. I would like to know in what financial state i can enter Japan (myself was thinking that around 6.000 euro's would do? on a student visa) and i need a (financially) guarantor it seems. If anyone know a payable language school (i was thinking in a cheaper part of Japan not Tokyo) or a handy site please help me out! Thank you for Reading :)
by Marines89  

. 2008/1/28 09:33
You or a parent/relative will need to demonstrate to Immigration you have enough money financially to support your stay while in Japan in order to get a student Visa.

For the last few years Japan has been cracking down on student visa holders for language schools due the large amount of people who enter these schools but who do not go to school but illegally work.

Immigration would like to see at least 13,000-14,000 EUR in your or your guarantor's bank account.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/28 09:42
13,000-14,000 euro? Can i get any second opinion on this if possible.

That amount is gonna take a while for me atleast a year work. They wouldnt allow me with around 6.000? Would like to get some more guidance on this matter please.
by Marines89 rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/28 09:45
Before i forget, Planning just to study there doesnt that fall under immigration? its only for a set period?

Thank you

... 2008/1/28 09:48
all visas have set periods of validity and are handled by immigration.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/28 09:53
As I mentioned, Immigration wants to see you have enough to support yourself.

Yes being a student longer then 3 months (if you do not fall under visa waiver), requires a visa, Immigration issues visas, not the school.

6000 EUR is barely enough to pay for one year of school tuition, not to mention any associative costs of school, and costs of living.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/28 09:57
Aha i understand, i cant get a scholarship for language school but are there any bachelor majors that are given in english? and have for example japanese language course in the major itself since then i could ask for a scholarship in my home country or Japan.

reply to this thread