Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

driving in sapporo at snow fes 2008/1/28 12:23
We have booked a car in this visit to Sapporo and I am worry about parking at Satoland as there would be a lot of visitors. Can somebody tell me how that parking there looks like ? Is it far away from the site and if there's enough parking space. thx
by snow fes fans  

... 2008/1/28 15:57
There are lots of parking lots. On weekdays, you should have no problem to find a parking spot, but I am not sure about the weekend. The site is about a 5 minute walk from the main parking lot.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Parking at downtown Sapporo 2008/1/29 13:00
thx a lot, Uji. Since we are staying in Otaru, can you give us some advice on parking in downtown Sapporo ? Wonder if there is parking lots nearby subway stations so that we can change public transportations to Odori and susukino. Many thx.
by snow fes fans rate this post as useful

accessible Sapporo 2008/1/30 20:05
Snow fes fans, if you have a special reason for having to rent a car, that's fine. But Sapporo is very easy to get around by subway and tram. Plus, the central area is all connected underground, so you hardly need to walk in the cold weather unless you want to (which is quite fun). Otaru is also easily accessible from Sapporo by JR. I've traveled there from Tokyo area in winter when my child was still a pre-teen, and we had no problems. But if you wish to do a lot of touring in Otaru or intend to go out to the countryside, a car may be convenient as long as you know how to drive in the snow.
by Uco rate this post as useful

take the train or bus 2008/1/31 07:30
We took bus from Otaru back to Sapporo, it was an easy & scenic trip. A lot easier than driving around Sapporo, which I did after we rented a car to head to Noboribetsu.
If you are just going over to Sapporo for the day, I reccomend the train or bus.
by cf rate this post as useful

Yes 2008/1/31 13:09
If you will stay in otaru like everybody els said you should take the Jr train it easier and at the same time it being like 3 or 5 day that we have major snow storm so the driving condition are really bad Satoland is not really fare away from the shindohigashi metro station on the toho line and the festival takes place in odori and susukino. From odori to susukino you can wake underground and its really easy. You can go every were you want in the city on foot no trouble at all. Parking is a bit expensive and driving in the city could be a really challenged except if your use to driving in Sapporo but if not i really dont recommend it at all!! And this year the snow festival is going to be really nice you can all ready see the snow monument wow really nice you wont be disappointed .
by igo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread