Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Izumo Sunrise/JR Pass 2008/1/28 16:24
Hi,
2 questions in one...
i live in Japan, and my boyf is coming to visit in a few weeks. he will have a JR pass. I , unfortunately, will not. We want to go to Nagasaki, and have hotel rooms booked, but to make the most of our time i was thinking about getting the night train as far as okayama (from tokyo). Ive read the info on this site about the different types of rooms on the train, and want to book as early as poss so we can get the cheapest option. Can i book the tickets before he arrives in Japan, or do i have to wait till he is actually in posession of the pass? also, will there be any problems getting a room on the train given that one of us has a passs and one doesnt?

Thanks very much for your help. I just like to have some idea what im talking about before i get to the ticket desk

x x
by nina  

... 2008/1/28 16:29
Can i book the tickets before he arrives in Japan, or do i have to wait till he is actually in posession of the pass?

At the regular ticket office, you cannot get the seat reservation for free unless you show the pass. However, I have heard of a case where a JR travel agency would make a reservation and then hold it until the person with the actual pass went to pick it up later. So, maybe it is possible.

also, will there be any problems getting a room on the train given that one of us has a passs and one doesnt?

No.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/1/28 16:37
ok, thank you uji,
thats what i thought.

I guess i'll keep my fingers crossed there are still cheap places when he gets here.
by nina rate this post as useful

reply to this thread