Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accom in Tokyo w elderly parents? 2008/1/30 03:22
I am planning for a family trip of 4 person to Tokyo and its vicinity(either Hakanone or Mt Fuji). With me will be my parents who are in their 50s. I would like to find out if there are any affordable accomdation (abt 40,000-50,000 Yen per person per night) which is near to Airport Limousine Pick up point. The hotel route to the pick up point should be staircases free and a reasonble walking distance of less than 10minutes as we will have some luggages. I am worried for my mother who can't really walk for long and take staircases due to her leg problem. The big luggages are really a hassle even for my last trip to Tokyo, with many stairs to climb.

If there isn't, I need to find out if the delivery service deliver the luggage within the same day to airport? If not, does it mean that I have to deposit the luggages a day earlier before my departure date and collect it at the airport counter.

Is there any fruit picking or farm activities outside Tokyo region during this season?

And is the plum blossom worth visiting?

Thanks alot!
by Fang Fang  

. 2008/1/30 09:41
Fang, for 40,000-50,000 per person per night you can pretty much choose pretty much any major hotel in Tokyo you wish. Any major hotel will have limousine bus service from the airport direct to the hotel's front doors so not much walking necessary with luggage.
by John rate this post as useful

Accom in Tokyo with elderly parents 2008/1/30 10:02
Sorry i did a wrong conversion of currency. It should be about 6,000-7,000 yen per peron per night.
by Fang Fang rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/30 10:30
Aside from going to Hakone, what is your (or your parents') interest? Do they love shopping, visiting museums or anything else?
by JLady rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/30 10:36
This page has a list of hotels with limo bus service.
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/timetable/txt_narita.html

To be honest, however, with your budget, it may be a bit hard to find a hotel with limo bus service. You may need to increase your budget or consider using a cab from the station or bus stop.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Accom in Tokyo with Elderly 2008/1/30 22:27
How much will it roughly cost to take taxi to the my accomodation if they are in the same area? I heard the taxi charges are exorbitant that one should always use the train or buses?

My prents will be more interested in the nature like fruit picking, onsen, markets etc.
by Fang Fang rate this post as useful

Taxi 2008/1/30 23:19
It won't be cheap, depending on where you are staying. A bus might be your best way to get there. Unless you can fork over a bit of cash. Now my Mom was here early last year and she is 56, she got around well (though frequent breaks taken) she did well with buses/trains/subways. The luggage sounds like your main concern. I would still consider a bus unless you get a hotel that has said Airport Limo. As for stuff to see...just look here
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html

Kamakura yes, do that.
Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo.
Hakone good idea.
Kairakuen - Plum trees (3000)
As for fruit picking at stuff.. Don't come to Japan to do that honestly (unless you have a lot of time), see the gardens temples museums and what not if would better suit all of you. If you wanted fruit picking and orchards you would want to head south (west) Shikoku island is famous for the Mandarin Orange. A little out of your way and a long trip from Tokyo though.
by MarineUSMC rate this post as useful

reply to this thread