Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cost of living 2008/1/31 19:20
Good day!

I am currently applying as a trainee in Japan to become a certified skilled worker in the food processing industry. I've been told that I will receive 65-80 thousand yen per month for the first year when board and lodging is free and then 120-180 thousand yen on the 2nd and 3rd year but without free lodging anymore. My question is : will I be able to survive on the aforementioned allowances considering I still have to pay for food and other necessities?

Thank you very much.
by libby  

Where 2008/2/1 09:22
Do you know where you'll be staying? It might be kind of tight. I mean 6-8 hundred dollars a month is good with housing free. Better figure out where you're staying and the cost of housing there.
by MarineUSMC rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/1 11:49
It would depend on your personal spending habits and how much debt you have. If you're frugal and you don't have a six-figure debt from attending TUJ, then you'll be fine.
by K rate this post as useful

I wouldn't 2008/2/1 19:47
80000 yen per month, are you sure? utility bills be payed for? even if they were I would not work and live in Japan of that, you will starve,
by SD rate this post as useful

WHAT? 2008/2/1 20:50
80,000Y per month spending money?! If UT and rent paid for. Maybe 15000Y food or less if you're smart. X amount on transportation (get a suica card from your job I hope). The rest is yours...are you coming here to save money, or build a resume and have a great experience?
by MarineUSMC rate this post as useful

reply to this thread