Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japanese dramas 2008/2/1 10:35
hi i am an australia living in japan, okinawa with a military family. i am interested in watching some japanese dramas but i don't know which are good!? we only have afn (american military channels - not in japanese) so i need to watch online (like crunchyroll or something).

if anyone can reccomend something i can find online that would be great. p.s. my japanese is basic conversational so if you know of something online that subtitles, that would help.
by Risha  

My dorama list 2008/2/1 13:04
I can actually give you my drama list I've made from the dramas that I have seen. It's a small list. If you want to know what the dramas are about, all you need to do is go to Google, and then type ''(name of drama) dramawiki'' and then a synopsis of the drama is there.

Ratings from 1 being worst and 5 being best

3 Peace (Hito ni Yasashiku) - 5/5
Aijou Ippon - 3
At Home Dad - 3 1/2
Brother Beat - 5
Cupid no Itazura - 3
Dare Yorimo Mama wo Aisu - 5
Densha Otoko - 5
Engine - 5
Dragon Zakura - 5
Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta! - 3
Gokusen - 3 1/2
GTO - 5
Hana Yori Dango - 4
Hana Yori Dango 2 - 4
Hero - 5
Hero Special - 5
Hotman 1 - 4
Hotman 2 - 3 1/2
Ikebukuro West Gate Park - 5
Ikebukuro West Gate Park SP. - 5
Jotei - 3 1/2
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko - 4 1/2
Kiken na Aneki - 4
Kimi wa Petto - 2 1/2
Kisarazu Cats Eye - 5
Kisarazu Cats Eye Nihon Series (movie) - 5
Kuitan 2 - 5
My Boss, My Hero - 5
Nobuta wo Produce - 5
Nodame Cantabile - 5
Nurse Aoi (N's Aoi) - 5
Pride - 5
Proposal Daisakusen - 5
Rondo - 5
Oishii Proposal - 3 1/2
Saiyuuki - 5
Sapuri - 4
Sailor no fuku to Kikanjuu - 4
Seito Shokun (INCOMPLETE SUBBED) - 4
Sexy Voice and Robo - 5
Shimokita GLORY DAYS - 5
Stand Up!! - 5
Tiger and Dragon - 4
Tokkyu Tanaka San Go - 4
Xenos - 4.5
Yamada Taro Monogatari - 5
Yama Onna Kabe Onna - 3
Yankee boku ni Kaeru - 5

Most of these are on crunchyroll. Have fun!
by Andrew rate this post as useful

Um... 2008/2/1 13:22
I'm an expert by no means, but I liked "1 Litre of Tears"...and I watched it subbed online so, I think you'd probably be able to find it too.
by Azazal rate this post as useful

oh wow 2008/2/1 16:04
thanks for that ^_^ i will be sure to watch some when i get the time.

by Risha rate this post as useful

for me... 2008/2/2 07:36
You have the choice now...
I'm currently watching Gokusen Live Season 1 which a very good drama I think, but my favorite is My Boss, My hero which is very funny ! ! !
by Jenny rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/2 09:16
My all time favorite is Kekkon dekinai otoko. I even own the DVD set. I don't usually watch dramas or own DVDs.
by Uji rate this post as useful

favorite drama 2008/2/2 12:20
Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu is my favorite - aka Crying out Love in the Center of the World - the original version - 10 or 11 episodes.

Unfortunately I don't know if it's available online. I saw it when it was on public tv here in NYC.
by Mara rate this post as useful

you can try 2008/2/2 19:00
i really enjoyed Hanazakari no kimitachi he. it's a silly drama,but it can be quite funny and sweet so i think it would make for enjoyable viewing:)
you can find all the episodes,subbed,at veoh.com
by ichigokuma rate this post as useful

what type do you like? 2008/2/2 20:49
Risha, if you can tell us what famous movies you like or the genre you like (comedy? romance?), it will make it easier for us to give you advise.

Also, have you thought about renting DVDs? Tsutaya Discas not only provides movies and dramas on-line, but will also accept rental orders on-line and they will deliver it to your door.

Btw, I found it very cute that Uji bothered to buy the DVD of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. But I loved it too!
by Uco rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/2 21:28
Well i like pretty much anything, i love trying new things! I have been watching Naruto online recently, but then i saw PGSM (live version of sailor moon) and loved it (i know it's lame but still...lol) so that's what made me want to try a regular japanese drama. But it's all good really

Dramas 2008/2/3 16:33
These are the ones I've seen...

Like above, 1 is the worst 5 is the best

Nobuta wo Produce 5/5
Ichi Ritoru No Namida 5/5
Densha Otoko 4/5
Kurosagi 4/5
Dragon Zakura 3/5
Hanazakari no Kimitachi He 3/5
Sappuri 2/5
by TheRage800 rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/4 11:24
thankyou so much everyone! Wow that's alot of stuff haha

a little bit more for you 2008/2/4 17:49
Risha, if you like anime, you might want to start with the following non-anime dramas, that are at least available through on-line rental DVD. They have an anime-like touch.

Enka no Jo-ou
(She is the most unfortunate yet strongest person on earth, which makes her a perfect Queen of Enka)
http://www.discas.net/cgi-bin/netdvd/s?ap=c_goods_detail&goo...

Brother Beat
(Three handsome but not-too-perfect brothers struggle between independence and their widowed mother)

Sai-yuu-ki
(Chinese classical literature about an adventurous journey of creatures)
by Uco rate this post as useful

online Japanese tv dramas 2008/2/6 21:06
Go to www.mysoju.com and scroll down for online J-dramas. I just finished watching "Jotei, Empress of Ginza" for background scenery of Osaka and Tokyo.
by hawaiigal rate this post as useful

vivi 2008/3/24 11:46

www.mysoju.com
by japan drama rate this post as useful

Classic drama series 2008/4/7 01:22
Is anyone know where I can get classic drama series many years ago Originally aried on Fuji TV Network from April to November, 1985.staring Chiemi Hori , Go Wakabayashi , Tomiyuki Kunihiro, Akiko Nakamura

But I dont understand Japanese. Is there any subtitle?
by tp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread