Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice about visiting Irumagawa? 2008/2/2 02:16
I iwill be in Tokyo and want to go to Irumagawa (Johnson AB) and find my old home across from the entrance to the Shinto Park. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
by Connie Bischoff  

... 2008/2/2 16:12
What kinds of recommendations do you need? Accomodations?

Johnson AB still exists as Iruma AB (of Japan Self Defence Forces) and the nearest station is Inariyama station of Seibu Ikebukuro line (40-50 min from Ikebukuro station). I don't know what you're referring to as "Shrine Park" but it could be "Inariyama Park."
by JLady rate this post as useful

Advice about visiting Irumagawa? 2008/2/3 00:08
Would love accomodations info. I will check into the park. The shinto one I recall had a big red gate and stairs at the entrace.
by Connie Bischoff rate this post as useful

RE: Johnson AB, Japan 2009/1/4 07:07
I was on this website and came across your question. It may be a little late since it about a year since you posted it. I, too, lived at Johnson in what was, I believe, called Hyde Park at that time, the housing area just outside the gate at the Inariyama train station. Just in case you have not travelled there yet, Hyde Park housing is all gone and the other housing area over by the hospital was fenced off and could not be accessed when I was there about 20 years ago. The physical size of the base had been reduced greatly and the land is being used for apartments, etc. Have fun and good luck.
by Jerry Helland rate this post as useful

reply to this thread