Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama Spring Festival 2008/2/4 11:22
Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell me if Takayama festival is worth making a detour to? I would be in southern Japan around that time and not sure if the journey to Takayama worth it or stay a couple more days in Kyushu.

How packed would the train journey be? would it be booked up?

Thanks!
by totral  

... 2008/2/4 11:48
Coming from Kyushu just for the festival sounds like too much effort, although it depends on how much time and money you have in total. Furthermore, finding a hotel room now can be difficult now.
by Uji rate this post as useful

train reservation 2008/2/15 06:32
Thanks Uji,
I think we will attempt to travel to Takayama for the 2 days of the festival. We are departing from Hiroshima, how soon in advance do you think we need to reserve the train with our JR pass?
Is it possible to visit Shirakawa-go on the 2nd day of the festival?

Thanks again.
by totral rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/15 15:00
how soon in advance do you think we need to reserve the train with our JR pass?

You don't need to make reservations, at all, because the trains have non-reserved seats, however, I recommend to make reservations as early as possible, because many people will be heading to Takayama. Reservations can be made from one month before travel date.

Is it possible to visit Shirakawa-go on the 2nd day of the festival?

Yes:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5953.html?aFROM=5900_5950
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread