Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel plan for april 2008/2/5 15:26
Hi, I have booked my ticket to japan. I will be arriving osaka march 26th and departing may 1st. I am plannning to spend the last week with my friend's house in kyushu (travelling in kyushu with him). But apart from kyushu I couldnt plan where to go? I want to go to osaka, kyoto, nara, tokyo, kamakura, himeji, hiroshima(maybe shikoku, yokohama, hakone and nikko). Since i want to see some sakura, I really dont know where to start. After my departure, should i directly go to tokyo then to kansai region or spend some time in kansai then go to kyushu and finally tokyo?
Can you recommend me a plan?
And i got my jr pass for 7 days. Which part of my trip should i use?
by kyushulilly  

. 2008/2/5 21:40
A 7 day JR Rail Pass is not long enough for all the places you want to go within a 5 week trip. When were you planing to use the pass?

Too late now, but you would have been better off flying into Tokyo and out of Osaka. This should have been possible with most major airlines.

I would suggest you stay in Osaka for the first 12 days or so and use the Kansai Thru Pass to get to Kyoto, Nara, Himeji and other places like maybe Koyasan and Kobe.

Maybe 10 days or so in Tokyo and use your 7 Day railpass to get there, but use it also to do some longer day trips to places like Sendai, Yuzawa or Karuiazawa. Within that time you can also do Kamakura, Yokohama, Hakone and Nikko. The last two could also be done using private rail companies after the 7 day JR pass has expired. I would then consider getting a 14 day JR rail pass for your last two weeks. The last week for your getting to, from and around Kyushu. The first week of that pass to go from Toyko to Kyushu. I would suggest going via Matsumoto if you have an interest in castles. I would then head down to Okayama and stay there or in Kurashiki and use this area to maybe do a day trip to Shikoku. Then head down to Hiroshima for a night before going to Kyushu.

If you want it, I can send you a day by day travelplanner for your trip as an Excel spreadsheet. It is already done and waiting for you, just email me at this address and I'll send it to you:

JapanTravelPlan@temporaryforwarding.com

by RobBeer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread