Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa application help 2008/2/8 02:10
During applying for a visa as researcher, what do they mean by:
Material showing the outline of the recipient organization? This is a supporting document to accompany the application.

Also, they asked to fill the monthly salary. Somebody knows a kind of minimum monthly salary that is required to obtain a working visa?

Your response(s) will be very much appreciated.
by Tim  

... 2008/2/8 08:20
You can't go to Japan as a self employed researcher. You will need an employer (institute, company, etc.) to offer you a position and to sponsor your application. They will fix your salary and get many other documents required to apply for a visa.
by Uji rate this post as useful

visa 2008/2/8 08:23
The "outline of the recipient organisation" is a description of the institution that would be sponsoring you and their activities. As Uji says you need a sponsor for this kind of visa, you can't sponsor yourself.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Thanks, more details 2008/2/8 09:01
I do have a position. Actually, it is a change of status from Student to researcher. The university is acting as the sponsor, I have the 'award' letter, a statement of financial support document, but WE can't figure out what they mean by outline of the organisation
by Tim rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/8 09:04
I think this is one of the documents that your sponsor rather than yourself has to provide. I recommend to consult the contact person at your university.
by Uji rate this post as useful

brochure, prospectus for example 2008/2/8 15:10
When they ask for this info with a work visa, they want some kind of document like a brochure that describes what the company you will be working at does. Does the university have any promotional literature, a prospectus for example? That will most likely do. I work at a very small company which doesn't have this kind of brochure or prospectus and I explained that to Immigration and it wasn't a problem.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Thanks responses, solved 2008/2/8 17:59
Sira, you are right. It turned out to be a broucher/pamplet about the organization (university) and the likes. I just returned and that booklet, quite thick, was readily accepted. hope this be of help to some others in the future. thank you all.
by Tim rate this post as useful

reply to this thread