Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

First Time Traveler 2008/2/9 03:10
It's been a dream of mine for quite a while to travel to Japan and now i'm going to make it a reality. But i'm not sure how to go about doing it so i can save myself the most money for actually getting there. Should i get a tour package or should i put it all together myself. Oh yeah and i want to visit Tokyo .
by ThatGuy  

... 2008/2/9 08:48
Tokyo can be navigated easily by first time travelers, even without Japanese language knowledge, and especially if you prepare your trip using guide books and this very website:
http://www.japan-guide.com/

Having said this, some people still prefer to see the sights on guided tours for various reasons. It is up to one's personal preference.

Some advantages of joining tours: you do not need to prepare anything yourself, but are still able to see lots of sights in a short amount of time; you get a guide to explain things; low risk of getting lost (if you don't like getting lost).

Some advantages of traveling on your own: you decide when to go where and how much time to spend there; more adventure; higher risk of getting lost (if you like getting lost); generally cheaper.

Of course, it is also possible to combine the two ways of travel.

If you try to explore Tokyo on your own, this is a good starting point for your research:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/9 08:51
Now I realized that you are asking about package tours rather than guided tours.

Regarding that issue, I recommend you to compare prices by surfing the web and visiting a travel agent, and then select the option that best suits you.

There are some very well priced tour packages out there. Concrete recommendations, of course, depend on where you are coming from.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread