Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Looking for Dojo 2008/2/9 14:40
I'm not sure if some dojo's still do this, but does anyone know if there are any dojo's in japan that lets the student (or students) live there?

And if there are, would I be able to get a certain Visa for that, such as a Cultural studies Visa or maybe even a student Visa?

Thank you :)
by Matt  

... 2008/2/12 15:13
hello?
by matt rate this post as useful

There's no apostrophe in dojos 2008/2/12 22:16
Matt,

does anyone know if there are any dojo's in japan that lets the student (or students) live there?

Apparently so.

And if there are, would I be able to get a certain Visa for that, such as a Cultural studies Visa or maybe even a student Visa?

I don't think "living in" is a requisite, but, in principle, you should be able to obtain a Cultural Activities visa to study/practise martial arts or similar in Japan. You will need to check with the dojo and with Immigration Bureau to determine whether you qualify.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

What dojo? 2008/2/12 22:21
Hey, you should clarify what dojo you are looking for. Judo, kendo, aikido or whatever? Then someone might be able to help you on this question.
by mm rate this post as useful

Anything...really 2008/2/13 11:34
I really am looking for anything. I've been searching google and stuff and haven't found anything. So, any info on dojo's you can live at would be very greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

any of these 2008/2/14 13:22
I'm looking more specifically for karate and kendo dojos where you can live at and study.

reply to this thread