Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Eating vegetarian at DisneySea? 2008/2/11 10:58
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about eating vegetarian (lacto-ovo vegetarian - we do eat eggs/milk but no fish or meats) in DisneySea. I cannot find menus online for the restaurants, and I'm really interested to hear if there are veggie options there. Thanks!
by Amber  

not great, but possible 2008/2/12 08:30
I'm a vegetarian (like you, no meat/fish but eggs/dairy OK) and have visited DisneySea several times. Veggie options are not great, but you won't starve. I've certainly found DisneySea better than Tokyo DisneyLand for vegetarian food.

Most of the food outlets have extremely limited and rigid menus with nothing much suitable for vegetarians, but some of the more proper restaurant-style places are a bit better. For main meals, one option is Zambini Brothers in the mediterranean harbour area, which does pizza/pasta/risotto type dishes. If you are lucky there will be one pasta or pizza dish on the menu which does not have meat (you will need to check, as you often find unadvertised ham etc in pizzas). If there is nothing on the menu, I have always asked them to do plain cheese and tomato pizzas, and although it has sometimes taken a bit of persistence, I have always got them in the end. Obviously it helps if you speak Japanese. If you don't, I would get a Japanese-speaking person to write down in advance various useful phrases for you to show people, eg "I do not eat ham or any kind of meat. Please could you make me a pizza with just tomato sauce and cheese."

The other place I have usually found something decent to eat is Restaurant Sakura in the American Waterfront area, which does Japanese food. There are lots of small items on the menu, including noodles, salads, tempura etc, and again if you can explain (or show phrases) you should be able to find something acceptable. Otherwise, you would just have to fill up on various snack-type items around the place - there is a good Italian-style icecream parlour, and there's a bakery near the main entrance.

If you're planning a whole day there, you might want to hide a few granola bars or something at the bottom of your bag just in case - I think there is officially the usual Disney prohibition on taking any food into the park, but I have taken snacks for the children and never had any problems.
by tokyoite rate this post as useful

reply to this thread