Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2nd toursit visa - not a visa waiver! 2008/2/12 10:00
can a person get a new 90 day tourist visa if there is no visa waiver in place as with the usa etc, so a visa itself had to be acquired?
the person does not intend to work, only to travel further and has a place to stay and enough money to support themselves. Since our home country is so far away, it is not feasible to fly all the way home to acquire a new visa. I know those with visa waivers can just leave the country and return and get a new 90 day stamp but if you had to actually get a visa to come to japan can you acquire a new one at one of the japanese embassies at a closeby country?
by Jaded  

... 2008/2/12 10:30
It is theoretically possible to apply for an extension of your period of stay at an immigration bureau in Japan. But unless you are from one of the countries, which have a "6-month visa waiver agreement" with Japan (UK, Switzerland, etc.), I think you will need a really good reason in order for the request to be granted.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/12 10:33
People with visa-waiver also run into problems sometimes if they are doing back to back 90 day visa-waivers.

I can only imagine that it would be much more difficult for those who have had a 90 day visa, then trying to get another 90 day visa right away.

The visa application process isn't instant so I would expect they would have to wait in Korea or some other country for a bit while all the documents are reviewed. But I would think it might not be approved, though I have no experience when it comes to actual visas for temporary visits.
by John rate this post as useful

Certificate of Eligibility 2008/2/12 19:22
Perhaps you could apply for a Certificate of Eligibility while you're in Japan. This would enable an embassy / consulate of Japan (in Korea, for example) to issue a visa quickly (perhaps overnight - call ahead and confirm).

Application for Certificate of Eligibility
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/01....
by anon rate this post as useful

Just to re-itterate another answer. 2008/2/13 06:31
Yeah, I have similar questions but I essentially know the answer.

You'd have to go to Korea and then return to Japan. I've have more than 3 friends do that who came to Japan to find work while traveling on a tourist visa. They all flew neighboring countries while while paperwork was being reviewed.
by greg rate this post as useful

reply to this thread