Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Younger Brother on which Visa 2008/2/12 14:55

This is Manish Vadehra from India.I moved to Japan with my wife last year November to Tokyo.Iam on working Visa and my wife is on Dependent Visa.Can someone please advise me as to how can I get my younger brother to Tokyo who is now in India.He is 21 years old.Can i get him on dependent Visa or any other visa that will support him to be with me.Else can I renew his tourist Visa which is ideally for 2 to 3 months.
Thanks in advance.
by Manish  

. 2008/2/12 18:11
Depending Visas are only for your own family (eg wife or children). Does not count for siblings or parents etc.

No you can't renew his tourist visa. He would have to go through the process of getting a new one. However if it is back to back I doubt it will be approved.

Of course he can always attempt to either be a student in Japan (expensive) and getting a student visa, or he can try to get a work visa for himself assuming he qualified to get a work visa.
by John rate this post as useful

tourist visa 2008/2/14 12:36
he has to leave Japan before he can renew the tourist visa.
by .. rate this post as useful

reply to this thread