Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

chopstick engraving 2008/2/12 20:43
I was at ueno keon a few weeks ago and there was a man ther who was engraving hiragana onto chopsticks at the weekend markets. I bought a pair and now would like to get another for a friend as omiyage
However i cant make it there again on the weekend.
Does anybody know somewhere within Tokyo or Kyoto that does chopstick engraving?

Thanks
by 8rendan  

... 2008/2/28 12:47
I don't know if it's a regular thing, but when I went to the Meiji Shrine near Harajuku station early last November, there was a guy doing it near the gift store near the path. I think it was a weekend, Saturday or Sunday, so perhaps he's there on the weekends.
by Paul H rate this post as useful

try chopstick shops 2008/2/28 16:38
I'm not sure if you can have them engraved, but there are quite a few chopstick shops nowadays, and they seem to handle anything related to chopsticks. For example, Natsuno has branches in Ginza and Aoyama (go into the street on the left hand side of McDonalds on Omotesando. At the end of that street, you will see the shop on your right). You can ask them if they do engraving.
http://www.e-ohashi.com/natsuno/shop/index.html#
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread