Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Summer festivals vs rainy season! 2008/2/13 06:39
I'm planning my second vacation to Tokyo. I want to go sometime around 18th of July to 8th of August. My question is what types of festivals are hold during this period and how is the weather? I looked around at this site but didn't find anything except that it's not the best weather season to travel to Tokyo. But I have my friends there so don't want to let them down and go to another city.

Still Kyoto is on the list for visiting because I didn't go there last time.

Thanks for listening!

/ Joakim
by Joakim  

... 2008/2/15 16:11
My question is what types of festivals are hold during this period and how is the weather?

Quite a few firework displays will be held.

I looked around at this site but didn't find anything except that it's not the best weather season to travel to Tokyo.

After the end of the rainy season around mid July, the weather turns pretty good in Tokyo (besides the heat and high humidity)! Especially early August is one of the sunniest times of the year. Not much rain, either.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/2/16 05:30
Thanks for the reply. Seems like end of July is a nice time to go then and I can probably relax on a beach or something when it's to hot :)
by Joakim rate this post as useful

reply to this thread