Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spring festivals 2008, when/where? 2008/2/13 07:06
Hi
im in the middle of planning a trip to japan this spring ( late march-may) and are wondering if there is any site that lists when and where festivals are held?

Have found a few but are the dates right for 2008?
2 april archery tsuwano
5-6 april inuyama matsuri
5-6 april kagurai-sai matsuri ise
12-13 april Asano-gawa enyukai kanazawa
14-15 april sanno matsuri takayama
15 april fire walking rites miyajima
14-16 april nagahama hikiyama matsuri nagahama
19-20 april hadaka matsuri hida-furukawa

anyone know when the cherry blossom festival in Himeji will be this year?

are there any festival held at Kumamoto-jo, Matsuyama-jo, Matsumoto-jo and Hikone-jo during the spring?
totaly love these castles

In 2006 it was a really nice festival in Takahachi 23/4 with samurai clad people fireing blackpowder rifles. is that held every year?

i appriciate all info i can get
tnx

by Fluppo  

... 2008/2/15 15:49
anyone know when the cherry blossom festival in Himeji will be this year?

Shiro no hi is held on April 6 (shi = 4 = April; ro = 6 = 6th).

Kumamoto-jo

The newly reconstructed main residence of Kumamoto Castle will be opened to the public on April 20 after years of construction work. If you are a castle fan, you might want to see the newly reconstructed part. It will be after the end of the cherry blossom season, though.

Matsuyama-jo

There is an annual castle festival in the first weekend of April.

Matsumoto-jo

There seem to be some celebrations during mid April.

Hikone-jo during the spring?

From April 1-20.

Many of these "cherry festivals" will feature little more than the actual enjoyment of the blossoms plus maybe some events, mainly on weekends.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/16 07:34
thank you very much for the info.
found the castles to be the best places to enjoy the blossoms. Both Kumamoto and Matsuyama castles were under reconstruction when i visited last so im looking forward of seeing em complete

Shiro no hi is held on April 6 (shi = 4 = April; ro = 6 = 6th).

cool that the name dubs as the date :)
doesnt shiro also mean castle?
When i visited in 2006 it was actually on the 8/4. might have been cause the blossoms were late because of all the raining..
by Fluppo rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/16 08:41
Yes, shiro means castle. Shiro no hi is alway on the 6th, but the main festivities (like koto performances, etc.) are usually held on the nearest weekend, I believe.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread