Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen Surveys: Singaporeans 2008/2/13 16:53
I have visited Japan several times, and am looking forward to my next visit. i am VERY curious about the Onsen survey - where Singaporeans were the only population that rated Haikado as their most favorite destination. Unlike Japanese and Westerners that rated Tokyo and Okasa (#1 and 2). Would love to hear from more Singaporeans!
by Mark  

Snow? 2008/2/13 22:06
Am Singaporean. Been to Japan many times - last trip was in Dec 07. Never been to Hokkaido so can't say what is the main charm. But to hazard a guess, I believe that Singaporeans want to go to Hokkaido esp in December to catch the snow and to try skiing. (It's hot all year round in Singapore.) As for me, when I want snow and skiiing, I go to Nagano/Hakuba instead. But many Singaporeans ask me: "Nagano?" Few have heard of Nagano and Hakuba but almost all know Hokkaido. Singapore tour agencies also promote Hokkaido extensively from August onwards for advance bookings.
by Geoffrey rate this post as useful

tokyo instead of osaka 2008/2/14 01:47
came back fr osaka last week...for me, i stil prefer tokyo instead of osaka..can view some of te pic tat i took at universal studio..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canto2007/sets/7215760389613090...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canto2007/sets/7215760387914329...
by canto rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/14 02:20
I think it's because our main travelling period is in december and that's when Hokkaido is a popular place to see snow. And since onsen come with the tour package, most singaporeans will only experience onsens in hokkaido.

BTW, Uji, if u happen to read this thread, nice interface update in the travel section.
by Tetrflare rate this post as useful

toba/ise shima onsen 2008/2/15 12:37
I do like Hokkaido onsen. Toba/Ise shima is another place that I enjoyed its onsen and seafood.
by nobody rate this post as useful

reply to this thread