Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanji 2008/2/14 06:54
I am trying to find kanji stamps to stamp my paintings with...do they exist. Not an paper stamp, rather a rubber stamp to press into an ink pad and then apply to my paintings. Would appreciate knowing if they exist or is it always done by hand painting?
by sealight  

Hanko? 2008/3/3 23:11
Do you mean a Hanko signature stamp?
by Chax180 rate this post as useful

mm 2008/3/4 22:00
The signature and seal with kanji characters stamped on art works is called 'rakkan' in Japanese.
The materials mainly used for rakkan stamps are stone, wood or rubber.
You can order your own rakkan stamps from shops or online if you are in Japan (I don't know if you can order from overseas), but if not, there is still an option that you carve one yourself.

For reference:

by rakkan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread