Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

nagoya jr counter 2008/2/14 13:15
I would like to change jr ticket to jr pass at Nagoya station eary morning but jr office is opened at 10.00am .I must wait for a long time .could you suggest another way to do?
If I have reserved seat but I can't go on time ,can I reserved seat for next time on the same destination on that day? Have you charge for fee?
by salinee  

... 2008/2/15 14:20
Before 10am, the rail pass can be exchanged at a designated ticket counter in Nagoya Station.

If I have reserved seat but I can't go on time ,can I reserved seat for next time on the same destination on that day?

If you can't go on time, don't make a reservation. If you miss the train, go to the counter, cancel your old reservation and make a new one. If you have a Japan Rail Pass, it can be done for free.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/15 14:47
I agree if you are not sure if you are going to make on time, don't make a reservation or if you know you can't make the reservation, cancel the reservation BEFORE the time of the train departure.

While reservations with the JR pass is free, if people continue to abuse seat reservations, they might not make it free in the future.
by John rate this post as useful

Nagoya 2008/2/15 14:59
salinee,
Please note that you don't have to have a reservation, especially if you travel outside rush hours. There are non-reserved cars on most long distance trains. So only make reservation if you are 100 % sure you will be able to go on that train. If you think that your timing is tight and that you may be too late for a train, reserve a seat on the next one.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

thank 2008/2/15 18:30
I ask for this question because i would like to know how can I do if I have an excidence that I cann't go on time. Everybody like to go on time to take the reservation seat but sometime may be have the excidence. thank you to mr.Uji
by salinee rate this post as useful

railpass 2008/2/15 21:00
Why don't you exchange your JR-railpassvoucher for a JR-railpass on the day before you wanna use the JR railpass? I mean, if you wanna use the JR railpass on i.e. feb. 23, you can exchange your voucher on every day before feb 23 with a startdate of feb 23.
by Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread