Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

travel from Narita Airport to Tsuru 2008/2/15 09:41
I need to go from Narita Airport to Tsuru, Japan to visit my daughter who is studying there.
by Bernadine Stallings  

. 2008/2/15 11:40
Tsuru University I assume?

It is quite some distance from Narita Airport so you might want to think about resting in Tokyo the first night you arrive if you are coming off a long international flight.

---------------
There are a few options:
by train:
Take the Narita Express from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Station.
Change to the Chuo Line Rapid Service (you want to find one that goes all the way to Otsuki Station, otherwise you'll need to make a transfer at Takao Station.
Once you get to Otsuki Station you need to change to the Fujikyu Railway Line to
Tsuru Bunka Daigakumae Station
(Tsuru University Station).
I'm guessing this is a 4+ hour trip from Narita Airport.

-----------
Alternately,
and probably an easier route
Is taking the Narita Express to Tokyo Station (or Shinjuku Station) and taking one of th buses to the Fuji Five Lake areas:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html
Getting off at Fujiyoshia Station, changing there to the Fujikyo Railway Line to Tsuru Bunka Daigakumae Station.

Again I expect that to be a long ride close to 4 hours from start to finish plus transfers etc. if starting from Narita Airport.

--------------
I'm sure Uji has better information then I do.

Though I suggest if your daughter can meet you in Tokyo or spending a night in Tokyo to rest up, might make the trip a little easier.

by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/15 11:55
(all the same):

“s—¯•¶‰È‘åŠw‘O‰w
TsuruBunkaDaigakumae Eki
Tsuru University Station
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread