Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best rail passes for Kansai and Kanto 2008/2/15 13:01
Mid-March, I will be in Tokyo area for 6 days and hope to venture to Nikko and maybe Hakone. Then I intend to travel to Kyoto/Kansai area from Tokyo. I will be in Kyoto/Kansai area for 10 days to visit Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, maybe Ise, maybe Mt. Koya, maybe Uji. I will need to go to Kansai/KIX airport twice.

What are best train passes/tickets to buy? Buy a rail ticket between Tokyo-Kyoto, a pass for JR East; one pass for JR West or Kansai Passport?
Is it possible to buy 2 Kansai Passports during one trip?

Thank you for any help to un-confuse me.
by Stephanie Watkins  

... 2008/2/15 15:09
I doubt that JR rail passes will the best solution for your itinerary. I personally would go for a regular ticket for the Tokyo-Osaka trip, free passes for Hakone and Nikko and prepaid cards for metropolitan travel in the Tokyo and Osaka regions. Maybe a 1-day JR West Kansai Pass for the daytrip to Himeji.
by Uji rate this post as useful

best passes? 2008/2/15 15:18
Please click on the tab "travel" at the top of this page. when the page open scroll down to transportation then trains. read all the links under trains carefully. don't forget to click on JR pass.AT THE BOTTOM OF THAT PAGE there is a link to other passes that will answer your questions.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread