Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can someone help me finish my letter? 2008/2/16 00:28
Hi out there. A penpal of mine recently died and I didn't know it until his mother wrote me an e-mail the other day. She doesn't know much English and I wanted to tell her a few things so I need to write in Japanese. I'm only a beginner in learning the language so I need some help to complete the letter I want to write to her. If someone would be so kind as to translate the following sentences into romaji I would be ever so grateful. Thanks in advance...

I am very sorry for your loss and I will miss Ichiji.
I wasn't angry that he didn't answer my e-mails, I was worried about him. Now I know something bad did happen. I am very sad and I will miss receiving his e-mails. I always want to remember him because it was an honor to know such a person as your son.
by Dee  

I'm sorry... 2008/2/16 13:04
Here's translation.

Konotabi wa okuyami moushiagemasu.

Musuko san wo ushinatte,
zannen ni omoimasu. Ichiji ga nakunatte, totemo sabishii desu.
Kare ga henji wo kakanakatta kotoni, okotte imasen.Totemo shinpai shiteimashita.
Totemo hidoi koto ga okitano desune.
Karekara, mou email ga konaku naruto kangaeruto totemo kanashii desu.
Watashi wa kareno koto wo kesshite wasurenaidesu. Anatano musuko san to shiriaete hontouni hokorini omoimasu.

Your friend is a boy, right?
by Ritzy rate this post as useful

Thank you Ritzy... 2008/2/16 13:53
Yes. Ichiji was a male. I was wondering, Ichiji's mom didn't tell me what happened to him. Naturally, I'm curious as to what befell him. I want to ask her but I'm afraid of causing her grief or insult. Is there some way I could ask her discreetly?
by Dee rate this post as useful

sorry for replying late 2008/2/20 12:44
well, you can ask her politely i guess.

Moshi, yoroshikereba, Ichiji ga naze nakunatte shimattanoka, oshiete itadake masen ka.

Or send that letter to her, and i think she will reply you....then you can ask her about why he passed away...? Just suggestion though.
by Ritzy rate this post as useful

umm. 2008/2/20 15:52
It's not generally a customary to ask how he died or what happened to him with your sympathy card or letter. The receipient of your letter will usually write back and tell you what happened in a part of thank you letter.
It would almost always be answered if you finish your letter with my deepest condolences or my thoughts are with you...please take care ...sincerely...etc.
by cc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread