Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kyoto toyoko inn 2008/2/16 09:10
i was just inquiring which of the kyoto toyoko inns are close to a supermarket, or have a neighborhood feel to it. is the location easily accessible to different places to visit? ie.e temples. i'm planning to go in april and i would like to make reservations as soon as possible. i was in kyoto last year, and i stayed at a ryokan. i was wondering if anyone could help me out.

mahalo!
by trey  

... 2008/2/16 11:26
I assume that you want a comparison between Toyoko-inn Shijo and Gojo. Neither of them are closed to supermarket but Shijo is near Daimaru department store and Shijo street itself is busy shopping street. On the other hand, Gojo is an office area and rather quiet at night.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Third location 2008/2/16 20:31
JLady's reference to Toyoko Inn Shinjo is the Shijo-Karasuma location. There is a third Toyoko Inn in Kyoto - Shinjo-Omiya:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00027/index.html

This location is probably the best for what you are looking for, there are two supermarkets a few blocks to the west and it is a fairly residential area. There are two train stations very close to the hotel, but access to Kyoto JR station is probably best made by bus (206) as these lines to not connect to Kyoto station.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/2/17 04:40
thank you so much for the swift reply to my inquiry. appreciate everyone for their help!
by trey rate this post as useful

reply to this thread