Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita to Tokyo Grand Hyatt, Roppongi 2008/2/16 18:47
Hi All! My flight arrival is 2015 on the weekday. I need to get to the Grand Hyatt, Roppongi. Hoping to travel on the NEX (so I can buy their NEX & Metro Package). However, is the Hyatt close to the Roppongi Subway Station? Read in some blog that the hotel is attached to the station, while some other blogs state that it is not.. I will be alone with trolley luggage.. So would like to find out the info before I get there.

I know that there is also the airport bus service which drops you off right at the Hyatt for Yen3000. But what is the timetable like? Still, would prefer to save money by travelling on the NEX. Or is it not worth the hassle?

Or should I take the Keisei Express to Ueno and then change to the Hibiya Line for Roppongi?
by Mel  

... 2008/2/16 19:45
However, is the Hyatt close to the Roppongi Subway Station?

It is about a 10 minute walk from the platform of the Hibiya Subway Line. Or a 15 minute walk from the platform of the Oedo Subway Line. For convenience, I recommend to take a taxi from Shibuya Station. I estimate the fare to be around 1000 yen.

I know that there is also the airport bus service which drops you off right at the Hyatt for Yen3000. But what is the timetable like?

The last departure is at 4pm, so that is not an option:
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/timetable/narita/akasaka_h....
by Uji rate this post as useful

Airport Limousine 2008/2/16 20:02
Mel,

I think Uji misread the timetable in the link he quoted, as there are direct limousine buses from Narita to the hotel at 20:30 and 21:30. After a tiring flight and with luggage, I personally would go for the limousine bus rather than the NEX and then messing around with suitcases in taxis or the subway.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/16 23:50
I'd second the above poster. You might want to take the limousine bus for its convenience after a longish international flight.

The difference between the NEX package (500 yen suica and 1,500yen credit together with a NEX ride to Tokyo Area) and the limousine bus fare doesn't look so tremendous considering the fact that the bus will directly take you to your hotel.

Happy travels.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/17 01:44
You are probably right... It will be much more relaxing.. The only thing is whether i have enough time to catch the bus if the last departure is at 2130 as my estimated eta is 2115. Hopefully my flight don't get delayed, nor I won't spend too much time at the immigration.
by Mel rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/17 06:28
I assume you mean 2015 as in your original post not 2115.
by Joh n rate this post as useful

??? 2008/2/17 06:52
Please make sure which arrival time is correct, otherwise suitable advice to you varies.

... 2008/2/17 07:29
Yes, I misread the timetable. Thank you for the corrections. In that case, I agree that the bus is by far most convenient. I find it interesting how much a difference of a few hundred yen matters to people staying at the Hyatt.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/18 02:04
Oops.. sorry, I mean 2015 is my eta, not 2115. Well, as for staying at the Grand Hyatt.. I am bunking in with my friend, who is there for 2 nights on company expenses. It still won't be a free stay for me since I still gotta pay for the additional person sharer. Luckily it is not much!

. 2008/2/18 04:37
Then you might definitely take the limousine bus to your hotel for the reason stated not only by me but also other by people.

You must be a lucky person to be able to stay at such a upmarket, top-notch hotel for a reasonable fee.

Happy travels.

. 2008/2/18 22:39
I will definitely follow your advices and catch the bus. Thanks so much, guys!

reply to this thread