Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Seishun 18 Kippu from tokyo to osaka 2008/2/17 20:33
Hi, will be travelling from tokyo to osaka on the 1st April (staying for 3 days) & would like to save cost & purchase the Seishun 18 Kippu. Could you advise where can i check the last train departing tokyo & which are the stations that i need to do a transfer?
by dowager  

... 2008/2/18 08:22
Here are some sample timetables, but the exact times might not be accurate anymore:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2362_01.html

You can look up the schedules with Hyperdia by unchecking the shinkansen and limited express checkboxes:
http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/18 09:11
Hi, will be travelling from tokyo to osaka on the 1st April (staying for 3 days) & would like to save cost & purchase the Seishun 18 Kippu. Could you advise where can i check the last train departing tokyo & which are the stations that i need to do a transfer?

There is a schedule revision on the JR Lines throughout Japan on 15th March. Therefore I can't tell the specific last departure time at the moment.

The new schedule of local trains will be released on 25th February through a timetable book.

Be sure to search it after 15th March through the site posted above.
On the current timetable, 15:03hrs is the last departure from Tokyo.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Seishun 18 Kippu 2008/2/18 09:16
hi, would it be much better if I were to travel using the highway bus to osaka instead? At least there is no transfer needed. Is really a need to reserve the highway bus? becos i can only reserve 2 days in advance once reached tokyo
by dowager rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/18 09:19
Highway buses would in my opinion be more comfortable then taking the local trains all the way for that trip.

As you mentioned, you don't need to bother with transfers, and the bus takes you direct.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/18 09:20
Yes you need to reserve seats for buses.

Seishun 18 Kippu 2008/2/18 09:27
Thank you. How can i reserve the seats from overseas?
by dowager rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/18 10:31
Well there is this company called 123bus.net everyone talks about. I haven't used them myself or heard any reviews of them, but they seem to be ok.

reply to this thread