Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying in japan after high school. 2008/2/18 10:39
Im 18 and after high school I planned to stay in Japan to learn the language. I dont know if its possible to stay with a host family even after high school. It would be really nice to stay with a family work there and learn the language. So when I come back to america I could take college placement tests and mabey place out of a year or two of college. I really need a guide to help me out because after high school I would really like to stay in japan. What should I do?
by Justin  

Maybe? 2008/2/19 05:30
I'm afraid I don't know much from the Japan point of view but I don't know if this might help you. There is a programme where you can sign-up for different types of foreign exchange programmes, including staying over the summer. Only thing is you cannot be older than 18 years old at the date of your departure but from what I read it can be negotiable. All the information you'll need on the site is here


Otherwise I've seen a couple announcements online in the 'accomodation' section of the classified ads especially for homestay, it might end up being cheaper but not as safe.

Don't know if this helps at all but good luck! =)
by aisha rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/19 08:22
Another issue apart from accommodation would be your visa. If you are from UK, Australia, or one of the several other countries where
Working Holiday agreement exists with Japan, you can stay in Japan/work up to one year. But if not, then you will have to find other visa status that you are eligible for. If you have sufficient funds to pay for language school tuition and to live in Japan, you can apply for a pre-college visa to study at a language school.

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread