Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Airport shuttle from Kansai to Kyoto 2008/2/18 12:41
Has anyone taken Yakasa Taxi from Kansai Airport to Eastern Kyoto?

I've actually taken the MK Taxi last year to the Westin Miyako Hotel in Eastern Kyoto, but found the van rather cramped and we were the last passengers to be dropped off, so the entire journey took 3 hours! Wondering if Yasaka is better...
by tkic2  

. 2008/2/18 17:07
Have you considered just taking the Haruka Limited Express train from Kansai to Kyoto Station. Probably faster and more comfortable.

If you are staying at the Westin Miyako again, the Westin Miyako runs a shuttlebus between Kyoto station and the hotel.
http://www.westinmiyako-kyoto.com/english/access/index.html
by John rate this post as useful

.... 2008/2/18 18:17
I have 2 middle-aged ladies travelling with me (also female), so we prefer a door-to-door transport service. Also the Westin Miyako's shuttle stops operating by the time we arrive at Kansai(7.40pm).
by tkic2 rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/18 18:26
Still, Haruka train gets you from Kansai to Kyoto in 1 hour and 20 minutes. From there, you can take a taxi to the hotel.
The train is far, far more comfortable compared to riding a minibus in my opinion :)
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/18 18:34
The limousine bus is a good alternative. It takes 1 hour 40 minutes, runs every 40 minutes and costs 2,300 yen, about 1,000yen less than JR 'Haruka'.

http://www.kate.co.jp/pc/time_table/kyoto_tt.html#from
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Airport limousine 2008/2/18 19:23
Agree that airport limousine bus into Kyoto is a good alternative to Haruka Express. Have tried both. They are equally comfortable and the time difference is not much. Taxis aplenty at Kyoto Station.
by Geoffrey rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/18 19:31
Which option (Haruka vs. airport limo) involves less walking and lifting of suitcases? Both old ladies have back problems... Thanks!

The limousine 2008/2/19 07:24
The bus would be more suitable considering the issue you are suffering.

The limousine bus leaves from the same level of the International arrival at Kansai, and arrives at Hotel Keihan in front of Kyoto Station. You could catch a taxi to the Westin soon after disembarkation.

The train involves going up and down stairs via the escalators or the lift at KIX, and a long walk to the exit at Kyoto Station (Haruka operates at the end of the long platform in Kyoto), though no floor change is entailed.

Hope this helps.

thanks 2008/2/19 11:23
Hi optimistk,

Thanks for your help. Where do I buy tickets for the airport limo? On the bus itself or before I board?

From the website you gave, there seems to be some discount for a round-trip ticket. Can this be bought at the airport/on the bus?

Must a reservation be made?

Thanks again for your help.

. 2008/2/19 13:36
Where do I buy tickets for the airport limo? On the bus itself or before I board? From the website you gave, there seems to be some discount for a round-trip ticket. Can this be bought at the airport/on the bus?

I called the limousine bus company to inquire about your questions.

Yes, you need to buy the bus ticket before you board the bus. There is a limousine bus information counter soon after you clear the customs. The counter is open from noon until 21hrs.

You should buy a return ticket there. After 21hrs, you might proceed to the bus stop #8 for Kyoto to find a vending machine. Beside the machine is a bus company rep who sell the return ticket between KIX and Kyoto. The return ticket isn't sold at the machine.

The return ticket is 3,800 yen, valid for 14 days.

By the way when you leave the bus at Kyoto, you can find a taxi rank immediately.

Must a reservation be made?

From KIX, you don't need to book. However you might want to make a reservation for an inbound trip back to KIX if you're concerned, even though it's not mandatory. Ask a concierge at your hotel to make a booking on your behalf.

Contact#: 075-682-4400 (9hrs to 19hrs)

Happy travels.

Thanks again! 2008/2/19 13:44
optimistk,

Thanks so much for calling the limo company to inquire on my behalf. Appreciate all your kind assistance!

. 2008/2/19 14:48
My pleasure :-)
Have a wonderful time in Kyoto.

I've made a grammatical error...
who sells the return ticket

Sorry...

ticket 2008/2/20 00:15
Should you forget to buy the limousine ticket inside the terminal building, you can still purchase from the vending machine located at bus stop #8 (in fact at every stop). There is a bus representative that will help you do that and handle your bags. But you may still want to go on the Net to check bus schedules so that you know how much time you have after your flight lands to the next bus. Kansai Airport website caries the schedule.
by Geoffrey rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/20 00:50
Thanks for the info, Geoffrey :)

reply to this thread