Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2008/2/19 00:04
Hi I will be in Japan from 9 - 11 April near the Alpine Route. I am coming from Gifu.

However, I did my research and read up some info and was disappointed to know that...

1) It will only be partially open. Midagahara to Murodo will be closed till 17 April (Any way I can get up there)

2) As the route is closed, how can I get to Daikanbo from Midagahara. As I would like to go to Kurobe Dam.

3) Snow Corridor will only be open on 17 April. Is it possible to go there on the 10th (by foot or private bus if available)

4) I have to depart from Nagoya Airport. Hence, would it be better to depart from Shinomachi or Tateyama Station. (Jorudan shows Toyama station is nearer)

*) By the way, is the Naruto Whirlpool awesome. I saw some video but it seems mild. Furthermore it depends on the tide and full moon.

Thanks for your advice.

by Jonathan  

... 2008/2/19 21:09
It will only be partially open. Midagahara to Murodo will be closed till 17 April (Any way I can get up there)

Where is "there"?

As the route is closed, how can I get to Daikanbo from Midagahara. As I would like to go to Kurobe Dam.

You can't go along the Alpine Route because it is closed.

Snow Corridor will only be open on 17 April. Is it possible to go there on the 10th (by foot or private bus if available)

No, it is closed, and the road is just being freed of snow.

I have to depart from Nagoya Airport. Hence, would it be better to depart from Shinomachi or Tateyama Station. (Jorudan shows Toyama station is nearer)

They are about equally far away.

By the way, is the Naruto Whirlpool awesome. I saw some video but it seems mild. Furthermore it depends on the tide and full moon.

It is interesting, but I would not call it "awesome". Maybe if you go during the best time of the year, it can be "awesome".
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you my friend 2008/2/20 00:21
Thanks for your answer. I was thinking if I could go there without transport. Seems like I had to come another day.

When I referred there, it meant the Murodo Plateau. =)

By the way, is the Naruto Whirlpool awesome. I saw some video but it seems mild. Furthermore it depends on the tide and full moon.

It is interesting, but I would not call it "awesome". Maybe if you go during the best time of the year, it can be "awesome".

When is the best time of the year to go then?

** Lastly, would you recommend I visit the partial route which opens from 10 April. (Tateyama -

Also, what are the nearby places that are as scenic as the Alpine route?

Thank you so much!
by Jonathan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread