Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting married in Japan.. 2008/2/19 05:47
Hi-My partner and I would like to get married in Japan this year. We're trying to find a suitable venue that isnt in a hotel etc as we would like a simple, scenic and romantic location/venue because its only going to be the two of us. We don't want a reception etc just a simple ceremony. How easy or difficult do you think it would be for a non-Japanese speaking couple to marry at one of the unique locations in your country?
Many thanks in advance.
by Darren  

Married in Japan 2008/2/20 00:12
The actual wedding in Japan is done at the City Hall where a form needs to be filled in and you'll need to provide the City Hall with some documentation. Two non-Japanese can get married this way in Japan, see http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+24492+...

Lot's of Japanese people then decide to hold a wedding ceremony either at a hotel or at a Shinto shrine. Judging by your description, you are after a Shinto ceremony. Note that you can have your legal marriage outside of Japan and still have a Shinto ceremony. The most beautiful shrines are popular and you'll need to reserve well in advance. You'll also need to hire kimonos so it is probably better to go first to arrange everything and then come back for the actual ceremony. It wouldn't surprise me if there do exist companies that can arrange everything for you.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread