Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto 1-day pass 2008/2/20 00:09
Can anyone please advise whether I can use the 1,200 "Kyoto Sightseeing One-day Free Pass" for the bus ride from Kyoto station to Ohara? If not, what about the "Traffica Kyoto Card" (1,000 prepaid card)? Thanks for any help!
by tkic2  

... 2008/2/21 07:06
No, the sightseeing card is not valid. The bus is operated by "Kyoto Bus", which is not covered by the sightseeing card. The card only covers "Kyoto City Bus".

The same is true for the Traffica Card.

The Surutto Kansai Card, however, can be used on the bus to Ohara.
by Uji rate this post as useful

another question 2008/2/21 14:59
Thanks, Uji. Is the card you're referring to listed on this Japanese website (sorry I can't read Japanese)?

http://www.city.kyoto.lg.jp/kotsu/page/0000032309.html

What happens when the balance on the card is not enough for a subway/bus ride? Do I top up the difference at the subway station/on the bus?

Is this the best card to get if I want to use it for subway and Kyoto bus to Ohara?

Thanks a lot for your help!
by tkic2 rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/21 15:16
If the balance is not enough you pay a difference at the fare adjustment machine at the station, and right at the bus machine on the bus.
by John rate this post as useful

sharing of pass? 2008/2/21 15:25
Thanks, John. Do you know if more than 1 person can share the same pass for subway and bus rides?
by tkic2 rate this post as useful

. 2008/2/23 07:49
Each passenger requires their own.
by john rate this post as useful

reply to this thread